Meez 3D avatar avatars games

I Bleed Hip HOp


Monday, August 25, 2008

My Favorite Music Video (finally)



Okay so they say when it rains it pours. I wonder if they were referring to Florida when making that comment. After all we are known for our infamous hurricane weather in the late summer. Well, I'm far from a meteorologist I'm more fitted cap to the back then dress shirt and slacks. But I would have to say that Florida's music scene is launching an array of hurricanes on the music industry. I recently experienced Treal's video for "Spaceship". In this day and age where it is easy to throw the latest video vixen in the midst of some tight jean wearing rapper boasting on the valuables he has yet to conquer. It is refreshing to view something innovative and fresh as Publix tomatoes. This is a major reason the south is the dominant region in popular hip hop circles today. As a long time fan of hip hop and a self proclaimed hip hop head, I tend to listen first for lyrical content. Just as a womanizer looks at a woman first for booty I mean beauty. This is not Treal's strong point and weaponry in this game. It has more to do with swag and creativity. Their ability to take you on a journey and feel apart of the music rather than a spectator has earned them a spot for international recognition. I would like to see them carry along this same genius into the rest of their career.

No comments: