Meez 3D avatar avatars games

I Bleed Hip HOp


Sunday, August 3, 2008

Apology for slavery?? What about every thing else


Okay I guess I'm a little late with this story, but so is the US government. There is talk of an apology from the U.S government to black people for their role in slavery. As detrimental as this has been to us there are people in this community who feel an apology will be meaningless. And others who say why do deserve an apology, you guys were not slaves. uhhhhh(breathing tirelessly). I guess that's what I'm here for. Well, I would like to say that slavery and Jim Crow laws have had a major effect on the lives of black Americans past and present. To simply say that we were not physically slaves in the 1800s is an attempt to nullify the KKK, segregation, Jim Crow, police brutality and multiple post white oppression thrown our (black America) way. This apology does two things: helps the global image of the United States government, and sets up a case for reparations(since they are admitting a fault, in court that is followed by some type of compensation). A friend of mine stated that she did not want some monetary compensation for the dehumanising of our people. And trust me I agree with you that I am not looking for a check in the mail to solve our problems. I'd rather see that money being used for advancement in our communities. Things as free college for four years, grants for black owned businesses, etc. And just for further enlightenment it will be hard for us to get rid of animosity and inferiority towards America. You have to think about over 400 years of oppression and finally a apology. Give us some more time. Peace.

No comments: