Meez 3D avatar avatars games

I Bleed Hip HOp


Thursday, July 17, 2008

Bad rappers and Candy wrappers


Well, yesterday I thought I would take a trip to see my baby girl and take her to the doctor's office on the other side of town. unfortunately I had to stop by the local rape station I mean Gas station and try to juice up my Buick. I figured thirty dollars would do me justice, boy was I wrong. My tank meter barely moved but, that's not the only problem. As I'm pulling off another young brother was at the pump getting "monetarily raped" and I noticed he had on the new Nelly song dedicated to Jordan's brand of shoes. Knowing the influence our music has on the younger generation and the deplorable condition of our economy. One has to think why are we still telling people to ball outrageously and splurge on material pleasures of no value. I'm not trying to use Nelly as the scapegoat, but why is this the number one rap song in the country. Whatever happened to the slogan that said ummm.....KEEP IT REAL! What is going to happen to these tenderfoot kids who follow mainstream raps "fantasy" lifestyle? Well, when they spend all their bread and lettuce on Jay's when it is time for rent and other liabilities chances are the criminalized practices will follow. It seems like the record companies are spending too much time with quantity rather quality. Or could it be that the audience in today's age is changing. Just like a candy bar, people don't eat them for their nutritional value. They just like them because they are sweet and easily accessible. Hopefully, hip hop doesn't become, just an another unhealthy indulgence.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

well
all of us have a misconception of power, young and old. We think that if we purchase certain items that those items will represent a particular status. status implies power.

we assume wearing a $200 pair of sneakers says something about the wearer.

we could not be more wrong.